Thursday, December 13, 2007

Happy Birthday!!

On this day 17 years ago, I explicitly remember being an anxious little 9 year old waiting in the lobby of a seemingly gigantic hospital. This was, you see, the day my baby brother was born... the brother that my sister & I had *wished for* on every birthday candle & in every wishing-well we crossed.

When my mom announced that she was going to have another baby, my sister and I giggled & plotted. When she told us it was going to be a boy, we literally exploded with excitement!! I remember we *insisted* he be named 'Joey' after our favorite New Kid on the Block... thank goodness my parents kept a handle on our plans!

On this particular day, my sister & I had gotten picked up from school by our grandparents. They took us straight to the hospital to meet our new little brother. I remember being in the room...I remember my parents & grandparents there... I remember a nurse bringing in this wheelie cart with a little, tiny baby wearing a little, tiny santa hat... the next thing I remember? The floor of the bathroom where I up-chucked.

That's right ~ I threw up all over the hospital bathroom. Looking back it was definitely due to *nerves* & *excitement*, but "to be on the safe side, just in case you have a virus," I had to wait in the lobby for the remainder of the visit. So there I sat, in the hospital lobby, a TV in one corner & people in lab coats bustling around.

Happy Birthday, Josh!!!

I promise not to up-chuck at your birthday this year... and, I know it's not the most manly, but look at what you have to look forward to when you get to my house...


Remember this?


I used it to make these little cupcakes...


Although the edges are not the cleanest, it tastes delicious!!
The rest will come with practice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwwww!!!!! I remember that!!!!
:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails